Want to volunteer?
Volunteer driving is an easy way to get involved in your local community. Join us and help tackle transport disadvantage on the Peninsula. Become a volunteer driver in your own car, drive a bus, or do both.
- Benefits of volunteer driving
- Get out of the house and make new friends
- Use your passion for driving to help others
- Keep active in your community
- Give back to your local community.
- Improved health and well-being
To be a driver
- You must be honest and reliable
- Complete a police check
- Complete a driving assessment and medical check
- Vehicle must be in good condition and fully insured
- Be available on a regular basis to drive for PTA
Volunteer now or Please Call 03 9708 8241
How do I get started?
It’s simple with these 4 steps
- Initial interview
- Police check
- Medical check
- Driving assessment
What about my vehicle running costs?
Easy, we offer a mileage reimbursement rate of .50 cents per kilometre or $15 for trips that are less than 30 km to all our volunteer drivers.
If you want to further address transport disadvantage in the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula why don’t you donate a % of your mileage reimbursement back to Peninsula Transport Assist, so we can help everyone.